Sunday, December 5, 2010

Nesting

One of the things I love about traveling is how nice it is to come home.  Since I've been gone for so much time this past year, I've found it really nice to want to stay home. I'm in nesting mode.  Like I want to hibernate for the rest of the winter, or maybe a whole year.
I feel like taking restaurants, movie theatres, shopping malls...everything superfluous off the radar.  I'd rather cook, watch a video, or shop on-line.  Better yet--read a book, invite my friends over, listen to Matt's new old record player with all his Dad's old records, or light some candles and take a bubble bath.  OR play some games or do some crafts with my kids.  OR paint furniture.  Or for that matter, my kitchen.  I'm ready to put the finishing touches on all the stuff we've been working on around the house, and get rid of stuff we don't need.  Or pray. I'm even in the mood to clean! 
There are times where you  turn yourself out onto the world and then there are seasons where you shut yourself inward. 
I'm turning in...and loving it.
B

No comments:

Post a Comment