Saturday, December 18, 2010

Heavenly Peace

I'm looking forward to a silent night.  The last few weeks have been a busy blurr.  Fun, exciting...crazy at times.  Tense quick changes, nervous nellies, and a few moments bursting with pride.  Two more shows to go. Then Mom and Dad leave. 
And then...I want quiet.  Em and I might put that gingerbread house together.  Sam and I will go for a long walk.  Sarah and I will take a cozy cuddle.  Maybe Matt and I can watch the birds discover their new house.  Grace can bake a cake with me. 
I am longing to stay home. And after everyone else goes to sleep, and all is quiet, I will focus on the holiness of it all--the chaos and the calm.  I think there was a bit of both even on the first Christmas night. 

1 comment:

  1. I love this blog! Every entry makes me smile-- great thoughts, well expressed.

    ReplyDelete